Home

Stage 3 tonsil cancer prognosis

People with HPV-positive tonsil cancer have a 5-year disease-free survival rate of 85% to 90%. Disease-free survival means they have no signs of cancer during the 5 years after their diagnosis Stage 3 tonsil cancer prognosis has higher survival rate than stage 4. However, stages of this cancer do not really matter the most. Knowing how to prevent and treat tonsil cancer is the ultimate objective a patient needs to learn. Tonsil cancer has various symptoms depending on stages

Lymphoma - stage 3 tonsil cancer survival rate Lymphoma is a cancer disease that establishes in cadres the hell is fraction of the body's resistant creature. Significant which kind of lymphoma you have is significant for the reason that it feigns your management excerpts and your prospect (prognosis) Hi Joanielo, Just chiming in to let everyone know I'm at the same position, about 16 months post treatment for Stage 3 SCC tonsil cancer, T3N1M0. Totally clean bill of health thanks to great team of Onc., RO and ENT so that's the wonderful gift I've been given (and earned). 8 rounds of Erbitux, 35 rounds of radation Stage 3 tonsil cancer survival Tonsil cancer stages Tonsil cancer survival rates Download Here Free HealthCareMagic App to Ask a Doctor. All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice.. A relative survival rate compares people with the same type and stage of cancer to people in the overall population. For example, if the 5-year relative survival rate for a specific stage of cancer is 90%, it means that people who have that cancer are, on average, about 90% as likely as people who don't have that cancer to live for at least 5.

My husband was diganoised stage 4 w/ tonsil cancer. His treatment is to be 3 Cisplatin treatments and 33 rad. He has had 1 chemo treatment and 13 rad so far. As I am reading on here, I get very concerned because a lot of you have had surgery and have had different kinds of chemo along w/ more rad treatments and the Cisplatin. A relative survival rate compares people with the same type and stage of cancer to people in the overall population. For example, if the 5-year relative survival rate for a specific stage of laryngeal or hypopharyngeal cancer is 80%, it means that people who have that cancer are, on average, about 80% as likely as people who don't have that. Early stage carcinoma of the tonsil is curable with a very low incidence of distant metastasis. Advanced stage carcinoma of the oropharynx has a probability of distant metastasis from 15% to 20%. [ 1] Considering all stages and sub-sites of head and neck cancer, the incidence of distant metastasis is reported to be of about 10-15%. [ 2

The change, which reflected the better prognosis of HPV-related cancers, meant that those who would have been diagnosed as stage 3 or 4 in the past are now considered to be stage 1. Combine that shift with the different studies investigating deintensified treatments, Dr. Ferris said, and it's not unexpected that some oncologists might start. Prognosis and Survival Rate. The prognosis is dependent of the stage of tonsil cancer and the location of the cancerous tumor in the body. A patient in stage zero can be treated and has high survival rate. However, it the cancer becomes life threatening when it spreads to the other parts of the body The results of the TNM system are combined to determine the stage of cancer for each person. There are 4 or 5 stages, depending on the diagnosis. Stage 0 (zero) is only used for non-HPV-related oropharyngeal cancer. Stages I through IV (1 through 4) are used for all types of oral and oropharyngeal cancers Stage 3 tonsil cancer survival rate could start becoming low from 70 to 60 percent. Stage 4 tonsil cancer survival rate, on the other hand, can go down up to 50 percent or lower. Increasing the low tonsil cancer survival rate is made possible through treatment. You should seek medical help from a trusted doctor to begin the process of treating it The stages of tonsil cancer range from 0 to IV. The earliest stages indicate a small cancer that may be confined to the tonsil or may have spread to a few nearby lymph nodes. Later stages indicate more-advanced cancer that has grown to involve many lymph nodes or has spread to other areas of the body

Five-year survival rates ranged from 31.1% among early-stage patients to 12.6% among stage 4 patients. Conclusion: Although the natural course of oral cavity cancer carries a poor prognosis, there are a number of patients with longer-than-expected survival. The survival estimates may provide supplemental information for patients deciding. Stage 4 is the most advanced stage of throat cancer. This means the cancer has spread to nearby tissue, one or more lymph nodes on the neck, or other parts of the body beyond the throat. , the 5. In the TNM staging system stage 3 cancer is the same as one of the following: T3, N0, M0; T1,2 or 3, N1, M0; Stage 4. Stage 4 means the cancer is advanced. It is further divided into 3 stages - 4a, 4b and 4c. Stage 4a Stage 4a can mean different things, including People with neuroendocrine cancer may have questions about their prognosis and survival. Prognosis and survival depend on many factors. Only a doctor familiar with a person's medical history, type of cancer, stage, characteristics of the cancer, treatments chosen and response to treatment can put a The five-year survival rate for oropharynx cancers, which includes tonsil cancer, is 62% for localized cancer (cancer that has not spread beyond where it started)

Cancer Of The Tonsils Prognosis Hemorrhage Tonsillectomy

What Is the Prognosis for Tonsil Cancer

Tonsil Cancer Prognosis - Cancer Survival Rat

1. Tonsil cancer caused from HPV is a type of squamous cell carcinoma. As with all cancers, tonsil cancer results from a combination of factors, including your genetics, behavior, and environment.
  2. Depends: The survival rate depends on the type of cancer and other factors like size and spread. Some cancers like lymphoma are usually less agressive than sa Read More. 3 doctors agree. 0. 0 comment. 3. 3 thanks. Send thanks to the doctor
  3. d strays with the things that are to come. I was diagnosed a pair weeks ago with stage 3 tongue cancer. The width of my tongue cancer is sizing 2, as much as is oral cancer croaks it is.
  4. Cancer of the tonsils normally includes the palatine tonsils on the sides of the throat. Males are identified with tonsil cancer 3 to 4 times more frequently than women. Individuals are typically diagnosed at age 50 or older but it can develop at any age. The most substantial dangerous aspects of tonsil cancers are tobacco and alcohol use

Stage 3 Tonsil Cancer Survival Rate - Cancer News Updat

1. Stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma life expectancy - Researchers compared the drugs for immunotherapy and chemotherapy in patients with non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), whose disease persists after the first chemotherapy. They found that nivolumab improves overall survival and is generally well tolerated. The results, reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, are essential.
  2. The five-year relative survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 1 hypopharyngeal throat cancer, is 63.1%. The five-year relative survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 2 hypopharyngeal throat cancer, is 57.5%. The five-year relative survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 3 hypopharyngeal throat cancer, is 41.8%
  3. My fiance' just found out he has stage 3 Squamous Cancer on his tonsil, Tongue and lymph node. Doctor said mass to large to do surgery. Told us that Thad would need radiation and chemo. Also will have a feeding tube and port put in...I want to prepare and encourage him. Mostly I want him to know others have been through this and their experiences
  4. The overall 5-year survival rate in patients with oropharyngeal cancer is about 60%. However, prognosis varies with the cause. Patients who are HPV-positive have a 5-year survival of > 75% (and a 3-year survival of almost 90%), whereas HPV-negative patients have a 5-year survival of < 50%
  5. So for advanced oropharynx cancer the survival rates have need pushed up form the 30 to 50% range now up to the 70 to 90% range, Lymphoma of the tonsil is discussed here. Consider the following information: NCCN Guidelines: early stage, intermediate stage, advanced stage and recommended radiation dose. Cure Rates with Radiation Alon
  6. ed 10-year survival by site, stage, p16, and treatment using Kaplan-Meier and Cox proportional hazard models. Cases were compared to age-matched, noncancer controls with stratification by p16 and smoking status
  7. They confirmed that I had stage IV HPV-16 tonsil cancer, and I started chemotherapy about two weeks later. I had eight weeks of chemotherapy as part of a clinical trial, followed by six weeks of daily radiation therapy plus weekly chemo. I managed to make it through this period, but was terribly sick and had a great deal of pain and sensitivity.

Stage 3 Tonsil Cancer- 16 Months Post Treatment-How are

C. Webb Smoking cessation will reduce the risk of squamous cell carcinoma. Squamous cell carcinoma of the tonsil is the most commonly diagnosed head and neck cancer. An estimated 90 percent of tonsil cancers are squamous cell cancers, which basically means that the growths originate on the tonsils' outermost layer. . Anyone at any age can develop this condition, but males over 40 who drink. Stage 3: It's an Alarm! Tumor becomes bigger(4 cm in size) and has involved one of the lymphatic nodes on a similar side of the neck as that of the tumor. Stage 4: It is the most advanced stage and has the most terrible prognosis. At stage 4 tonsil cancer, one of the these might be present Stage 3 Cancer Of Tonsils Prognosis Tonsillektomi the slaves that cared for her panicked for her sore tongue red spots sore throat sore 2 night for weeks throat worse symptoms a sore throat and a high fever meant one thing to them-Diphtheria. Wheezing asthma shortness of eath and a feeling of burning or Stage I means the lymphoma is in one lymph node, in a group of nodes that are close to each other, or in an organ that has lymphoid tissue, such as the tonsils. In stage IE, the cancer is in one. These, among other emerging findings, have resulted in evidence that the 7th ed. (2010) American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) staging system may not accurately reflect the differences in stage-related prognosis as a resource to guide treatment. Recently, the AJCC released the 8th ed. of the cancer staging manual, effective January 1st 2017

Stage 3 tonsil cancer survival - Doctor answers on

Survival Rates for Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal Cance

1. Prognosis with Tonsil Cancer. Throat cancer that is not associated with HPV is most likely to be diagnosed at a later stage before it is identified. That suggests that the cancer is larger and could have spread, making it more active in treatment. It is therefore more probable that this form of throat cancer would recur
  2. es treatment options and has a strong influence on the length of survival. In general, if the cancer is found only in the part of the body where it started it is localized (sometimes referred to as stage 1)
  3. Oropharyngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the oropharynx. Smoking or being infected with human papillomavirus (HPV) can increase the risk of oropharyngeal cancer. Signs and symptoms of oropharyngeal cancer include a lump in the neck and a sore throat
  4. antly affects older adults. In fact, about 50% of those diagnosed with lung cancer are age 70 or older and about 14% are over 80. 1  Lung cancer in older adults is as treatable as it is in younger adults. Surgery, chemotherapy, and other options to cure cancer or halt its spread are well tolerated by.
  5. People with salivary gland cancer may have questions about their prognosis and survival. Prognosis and survival depend on many factors. Only a doctor familiar with a person's medical history, type of cancer, stage, characteristics of the cancer, treatments chosen and response to treatment can put all of this information together with survival statistics to arrive at a prognosis

Editor's note: Our Guest Blog Post today is from Debbie Pepin, a 7 year survivor of head and neck cancer. (tonsil) She shares her story from going to an annual health exam to being a cancer patient fighting for her life. Healthy, happy and busy, at an annual exam my GP suggested I show my enlarged right tonsil to an ENT in February 2011 The importance for this distinction is that the prognosis for HPV-related OPSCC is more favorable than other forms of HNSCC, with cure rates of 80% to 90%. 3 The standard treatment of early-stage HPV-positive OPSCC includes one or a combination of surgery (transoral robotic surgery [TORS]), radiation, and chemotherapy. However, these treatment.

Prognosis - Prognosis for oral squamous cell carcinoma entirely depends on the location of the tumor and metastatic rate. A complete cure is not possible unless diagnosed early. If the tumor is not located in the tonsils and has not metastasized, the prognosis is gratifying with surgery and/or radiation treatment Hi there I had tonsil cancer may 2009 decided to do the surgery, i felt I wanted to get free of the cancer and then do radiation and had the option of having chemo, cisplatin or erbitux which is a infusion that works as a receptor and is suppose to help radiation work more effectively. I am. 15 months out from treatment and so far so good Prognosis of bone marrow cancer depends on various factors such as the age of the patient, severity of the cancer, stage of the cancer, health of the patient, and nature of treatment. Survival rate is between 28 to 35 %. Bone marrow transplant has increased the life expectancy. The advent of newer techniques and modern apparatus has increased. Stage 4 melanoma. The cancer cells have spread beyond the skin and local lymph nodes to distant lymph nodes, organs and/or other areas of skin. Metastasized melanoma may be found in the bones, brain, liver or lungs. Learn more about melanoma stages. Most cancers are staged using some form of the TNM system HPV can infect the mouth and throat and cause cancers of the oropharynx (back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils). This is called oropharyngeal cancer. HPV is thought to cause 70% of oropharyngeal cancers in the United States. It usually takes years after being infected with HPV for cancer to develop

New to this, Husband just diagnosed with stage 3 left

The chances of curing the cancer are quite high in these stages. If the cancer has been diagnosed in third and fourth stages, then it usually means that it has spread to the other organs as well. Similarly, even tonsil cancer staging is done. (See Reference 1) In stage one tonsil cancer, the tumor is within the tonsils and it has not yet spread Stage 1 throat cancer can be used to refer to either stage 1 hypopharyngeal or stage 1 oropharyngeal cancer. They are both scenarios where the cancerous tumor has not spread to the lymph nodes, and the cancer has not metastasized to any distant parts of the body. In stage 1 throat cancer, the tumors are smaller than 2 cms in size In propensity score-matched cohorts, the 3-year OS rate was 89.3% versus 85.3% among patients with stage I HPV-associated oropharyngeal cancer who received concurrent chemoradiation versus RT alone (P = .003) (Fig. 1) Early stages have a better prognosis, while later stages may indicate advanced cancer with poor prognosis. Throat Cancer Treatment In Children. Treatment of throat cancer is based on its location, type of cancer, stage, and your child's health status. The treatment may include the following . Radiation therap

Head and neck video 1

Throat Cancer Survival Rate Throat Cancer Survival Rat

Prognosis depends on a number of factors, including the stage of the disease. The five-year survival rate for limited stage (stage I and II) diffuse large B-cell lymphomas is more than 90 percent. The five-year survival rate for advanced (stage III or IV) diffuse large B-cell lymphoma ranges from about 80 to 90 percent Carcinoma of the tonsil is a type of squamous cell carcinoma.The tonsil is the most common site of squamous cell carcinoma in the oropharynx.It comprises 23.1% of all malignancies of the oropharynx. The tumors frequently present at advanced stages, and around 70% of patients present with metastasis to the cervical lymph nodes.. The most reported complaints include sore throat, otalgia or. HPV Tonsil Cancer 63 yo non-smoker man presents with neck mass and small lesion in tonsil Bx = squamous ISH = high risk HPV IVA (T1N2b) 80. HPV Tonsil Cancer 81. 1. Epidemiology 2. Vaccination 3. Clinical Presentation 4. Treatment and Outcome HPV and Oropharynx Cancer 82. Survival for Tonsil Cancer HPV + HPV - 83

Radiation for Tonsil Cancer

Early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the tonsil

Models for Survival and Longitudinal Data in Cancer Research by Ning Smith A dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree o There are no US-wide statistics available for different stages of oropharyngeal cancer or particular treatments. The following statistics are from the Population-Based Cancer Registry of Zaragoza, Spain, for the 1978-2002 period 1). The oropharyngeal cancer survival rate was 61.3% in the first year and 33.9% in the fifth year Dry Sore Throat For 2 Weeks Cancer Prognosis 3 Stage Tonsil feel like an earache. I am gargling salt water and taking ibuprofen to try to ease the pain up but as. URI typically include nasal congestion sneezing and a runny nose with clear mucus. Headaches are also a normal symptom of the cold or flu;

Less Treatment for HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer

I had stage 3 tongue cancer, not HPV. I've seen the same statistics. They are only statistics, each case is different. I think, why wouldn't I be one of those in the 37% (yes shocking for my personal cancer) that survives . I'm just over 3 1/4 years since end of treatment so fingers crossed The throat has three types of tonsils. Cancer of the tonsils usually involves the palatine tonsils on the sides of the throat. Men are diagnosed with tonsil cancer three to four times more often than women. People are generally diagnosed at age 50 or older but it can develop at any age. The most significant risk factors for tonsil cancers are tobacco and alcohol use Tonsil Cancer. Tonsil cancer is a form of oropharyngeal cancer that occurs when the cells that make up the tonsils grow out of control and form lesions or tumors. There are three types of tonsils: Most tonsil cancer forms in the palatine tonsils. But cancer can also develop in the lingual tonsils and the pharyngeal tonsils

Tonsil Cancer - Pictures, Symptoms, Survival Rate, Staging

Table 2 includes oral cancer survival rates from 1974 to 2003. Oral Cancer Relative Survival (1996 to 2003) Overall, 60% of people with oral cancer survive for 5 years. Oral cancer survival rates are significantly lower for Black men and women. Diagnosing oral cancer at an early stage significantly increases 5-year survival rates. Oral Cancer. Squamous Cell Carcinoma Survival Rate. In general, the squamous cell carcinoma survival rate is very high —when detected early, the five-year survival rate is 99 percent. Even if squamous cell carcinoma has spread to nearby lymph nodes, the cancer may be effectively treated through a combination of surgery and radiation treatment

Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer: Stages and Grades Cancer

Stage 4 tonsil cancer survival rate. Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere. Talk to a doctor now . 24/7 visits - just $39! 50% off with $15/month membership. Get the Free App for Members. Get the Free App for Doctors. Product. What We Treat. Topics Catalog Stage 3 Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma is the fourth stage of this common form of skin cancer, which begins in the squamous cells. These cells, or keratinocytes, make up the outer layer of the skin. At this stage the cancer has started to spead past the skin into nearby tissue, bone and lymph nodes patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer (5th edition) stage III or stage IV HPVOPC. The overall sur-vival of patients with HPVOPC was significantly better than that of patients with HPV-negative tumors, with a reported 3-year survival rate of 82.4% compared with 57.1%. The 3-year progression-free survival rate was als What stage disease? If the patient's cancer is stage I or II, 0 points. If III or IV, 1 point. B Cell Lymphoma Life Expectancy: The R-IPI then identifies three prognostic groups according to points. 0 points: Prognosis, Very good (4-year progression-free survival 94%, overall survival, 94%) 1-2 points: Prognosis, Good (4-year PFS 80%, OS 79% Below is a pie chart (NCI Surveillance and Epidemiological End Results) showing the percentage of patients diagnosed at stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 for esophageal cancer. Below are the survival rates for all stages of esophageal cancer. When you consider that only 18% are diagnosed at the local stage, and that only 47% of stage 1 patients are alive.

Stage 1 Throat Cancer Pictures - Celine Dion Songs AgePPT - What is Throat cancer and it’s AwarenessBase of Tongue Cancer

Tonsil Cancer Survival Rat

44 yrs old, diagnosed on 3/8/2013 after surgery to remove obstruction with Stage 4a Tonsillar Squamous Cell Carcinoma, involving rt tonsil, jaw and base of tongue (1 lymphnode involved but still considered local) He was told at that time that his only options were to have extensive surgery, requiring removal of half his jaw, etc., or a. The purpose of this study was to analyse the survival and recurrence rates and sites of recurrance in a group of patients with carcinoma of the tonsil treated with ipsilateral techniques. Materials and methods: Between 1975 and 1993, 271 patients with invasive squamous cell cancer of the tonsil were referred to the Vancouver Cancer Centre (VCC. According to the American Cancer Society, oral cancer affects people in a pretty distinct manner. Over the past 30 years, the survival rate has been increasing. This year, over 50,000 people will battle oral or oropharyngeal cancer. You're twice as likely to get oral cancer if you're male. Your tongue, tonsils, oropharynx, and gums are where.

Tonsil cancer - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clini

Stage of Cancer: Stage 3 cancer Tonsil Cancer Symptoms : I felt a slight tickle on the back of my mouth, and noticed a swollen left tonsil with white stuff on the tonsil. I called my DR immediately and was told I had cancer the same day Tonsil Cancer Survival Rate At Stage 3 Wellbutrin Sore Throat Sr V-ALERT VRTL-T TONSIL. dermatitis or even allergies to latex and Dye Free: Yes Tree Nut Free What other drugs will affect Robitussin Cold and Cough (dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and pseudoephedrine)? Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if Nebulized Hypertonic.

Untreated oral cavity cancer: Long-term survival and

For example, a patient that presents with a 2 centimeter, p16+ tonsil cancer and 2 positive lymph nodes in the same side neck (T2N2b) is stage IV in the 7th Edition Staging Manual but will become a stage I in the 8th Edition. The new staging will give a much more accurate and reasonable prediction of survival for newly diagnosed patients Given the marked difference in clinical presentation and treatment response based on human papilloma virus (HPV) status, HPV-associated oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma is now viewed as a distinct biologic and clinical entity. HPV-associated oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma has increased by nearly 7.5 % per year, from approximately 16 % in the early 1980′s to nearly 70 % today, and. The stages of oropharyngeal cancer are as follows: • Stage 0 (carcinoma in situ): This stage indicates a good prognosis as most patients with stage 0 survive for a long period without the requirement of an intensive treatment. Although, the patient must cease smoking as it can increase the risk of developing a new cancer I try to.Weed almost always makes me feel 100% better when I have an upset stomach. Tonsil Cancer Survival Rate At Stage 3 Remedy Tonsil Stones For Naturopathic remedy for sore throat tonsils and tonsillitis. for temporary relief from your sneezing sore throat headache minor aches and pains.. Dealing I've been dealing with severe nasal congestion for the past 8-months. a high fever but it. Most commonly, throat cancer refers to cancer of the following structures: Pharynx, the tube through which we swallow. It is divided into three major sections: Nasopharynx: The upper section, which is behind the nose. Oropharynx: The middle section, which is behind the mouth and includes the tonsils, soft palate and base or posterior-most.

Stage 4 Throat Cancer Life Expectancy: Staging, Types & Risk

Tonsil Cancer Photos. Tonsil Cancer Symptoms And Causes Mayo Clinic. tonsil cancer photos is free HD wallpaper was upload by Admin. Download this image for free in HD resolution the choice download button below. If you do not find the exact resolution you are looking for, then go for a native or higher resolution Good prognosis of HPV-associated oropharyngeal cancer - Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection has been associated with the development of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OPSCC) of the head and neck. Patients with HPV-associated OPSCC typically have more curable cancers and a better prognosis than those with non-HPV associated OPSCC A total of 4720 patients were identified with early stage SCC of the tonsil. Most were tested for HPV (2759 [58.5%]). Among tested patients, 1758 (63.7%) were positive for HPV and 1001 (36.3%) were negative for HPV. HPV-positive patients had higher 3-year survival compared to HPV-negative patients (93.2% vs 77.8%, P < .001). Among HPV-positive. Remind yourself daily what's important. I stress this as I was 44 years old when I got diagnosed with stage 4 HPV related tonsil cancer. My actual diagnosis was Squamous Cell Carcinoma of my left tonsil, as my cancer had spread from my tonsil to two lymph nodes in my neck B, cancer-specific survival in localized, regional and metastatic tonsil squamous cell carcinomas patients (P < 0.05). (Click on the image to enlarge.) Furthermore, early diagnosis and treatment are particularly important; especially the incidence of TSCC has increased in past 3 decades [ 2 , 3 , 15 , 16 ]

Stage 2 throat cancer survival rate, life expectancy, and prognosis - (Throat and pharynx) for laryngeal cancer, survival depends on which part of the larynx has begun (Supraglottis, glottis or glottis) is different. Mouthpiece (part of the throat above the vocal cords) - 5-year relative survival rate: Stage 1 and 2 = 59%, stage 3 = 53%, and. It's responsible for 70% of oropharyngeal cancers in the U.S., which include cancer of the tonsils, the back of the mouth, the base of the tongue, and the walls of the throat Stage 3 tonsil cancer survival Stage t2c prostate cancer survival Download Here Free HealthCareMagic App to Ask a Doctor. All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice.. Squamous cell carcinoma of the tonsil is the most common cancer of the oropharynx, with increasing incidence during the past 30 years. 1 Early-stage tumors have traditionally been treated with either surgery or radiotherapy (RT) after several retrospective studies showed equivalent oncologic outcomes with either modality. 2-4 Current National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines for low. TNM Staging of Oropharyngeal Cancer T STAGING. Tis - Carcinoma in situ or cancerous lesion is present only in the superficial layer of the oropharynx. T1 - The primary tumor is </=2 cm in size. T2 - The primary tumor is >2 cm but </=4 cm in size. T3 - The primary tumor is >4 cm in size or has invaded into the lingual surface of the epiglottis. T4a - The primary tumor has invaded any.